Effective January 17, 2017
1. Scope and Application
2. Collection of Information
Information You Provide Directly to Tuk-Tuk-Media
If you are interested in obtaining information, products or services from Tuk-Tuk-Media, or participating in certain activities through the Services, you may need to provide us or our service providers with information about yourself. For example:
- If you register for a Service to become a member, receive a newsletter, or get information about Tuk-Tuk-Media promotions or events, you may be asked for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and other information.
- If you order a product from us or one of our business partners, you may be asked for your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and your credit card number.
- If you are ordering a product as a gift for another person, you may be asked for that person’s name, postal address and phone number in order to enable us to deliver the gift to the recipient.
- If you participate in an activity such as a survey or sweepstakes, you may be asked for your name, email address and birth date, and also to provide other types of information such as gender and personal interests, which may be associated with personally identifiable information that has been obtained from or about you.
Information We May Collect Automatically
In addition to information you choose to provide to us, Tuk-Tuk-Media and our service providers also use standard technologies to automatically collect certain additional information. For example:
- IP Address and Other Identifiers. When you access and interact with our Services, Tuk-Tuk-Media and our service providers may collect information about your visits in order to permit you to connect to and obtain the Services and to understand the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our Services. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access the Services, or information about your browser type, authentication identifiers, and other software and hardware information. If you access the Services through a mobile or other device we may collect your mobile device identifier, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected to make our Services and our communications to you more targeted to your interests.
- Web beacons and other tracking technologies. The Services may use other tracking tools, including so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “web bugs,” “clear GIFs,”etc. (collectively “Web Beacons”) to collect user activity information about your activities on the Services. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, Web Beacons enable us to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to you, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage to provide our audiences with more relevant content or offers. Web Beacons in emails may recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
- to maintain and manage your account, deliver content and services that you request, and enhance your experience on our Services;
- to process and track your product or service orders and provide the Services and content you request;
- to communicate with you about the content and Services or other products, content or services in which you may be interested, or to respond to your inquiries or comments;
- to offer you branded or co-branded services, products, or features;
- to deliver relevant advertising;
- to perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and the products and services we offer; or
- in accordance with your consent.
- with entities that help us to manage and provide the Services, including development of our websites and applications, maintenance and support, personalization, payment processing, email distribution, measurement and improvement, sweepstakes/contest administration, booking, fulfillment, and operation of travel services and products, and promotions management, only to the extent that these entities need the information to perform their services or as required by law;
- with the corporate affiliates of the Tuk-Tuk-Media;
- with identified entities whose products or services you specifically use or request to receive while you use the Services;
- with our business partners, such as travel operators. Their use of your personal information will be governed by their own privacy policies;
- with third parties in in the ordinary course of business in order to process your requests and fulfill your orders for video content offered through the Services;
- with other selected third parties so that they may send you promotional materials about goods and services that they offer. You have the opportunity to opt out of our sharing information about you as described below in the section entitled “User Access and Control”;
- in accordance with your consent.
- You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from Tuk-Tuk-Media by contacting us at: email@example.com
- If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these emails be clicking “Unsubscribe” or “Update my Preferences” at the bottom of any marketing email you receive.
- If you continue to receive our communications in error after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
- If you are under 18 and a registered user of the Services, you may request removal of content or information that you have publicly posted to the Services. To make such a request, please go to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Please identify “privacy” as the subject matter of your request and select “User Content Removal” as the option that best describes your type of inquiry. Please also provide your name, email address, and a detailed description of your content removal request in the designated spaces. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user. There may also be circumstances where the law does not allow removal of your content even if requested.
- You may request that we not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with Tuk-Tuk-Media affiliates or unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by email@example.com
Information Contained in User Content
Information from Other Sources
Tuk-Tuk-Media and our service providers may supplement the information we collect from and about you with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services, commercially available sources and information from our Affiliates or business partners.
Third-Party Online Advertising
Third parties currently serve ads on our Services, and thereby may collect information about your online activities to deliver tailored ads. These companies may offer you a way to choose not to have your information used for advertising purposes. These and other third-party companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), which offers a single location to opt out of receiving tailored ads from member companies. To opt out or to obtain information about the technologies member companies use or their own privacy policies, please visit the NAI consumer opt out page. Also, through the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of and greater control over ads that are customized based on their online behavior across different desktop and mobile web browsers and apps. To make choices about interest-based ads from participating third parties, please visit the DAA consumer opt out page. You may download the AppChoices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt-out in mobile apps.
Do Not Track Signals
California Law requires us to disclose how we respond to “Do Not Track” signals. At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
3. Use and Disclosure
Tuk-Tuk-Media and our service providers may use information that we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including:
In order to make our content, Services and advertising more interesting and relevant to you, we may use the information we collect from and about you to make inferences and predictions about your potential areas of interest. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
When information we collect is aggregated, anonymized or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
4. Information Security
5. User Access and Control
You may opt out of having your personal information used or disclosed for certain purposes.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we are not required to respond to a customer’s request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent through one of the methods designated above.
Remember that even after you cancel your account, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services. Because of the nature of caching technology, your account may not be instantly inaccessible to others. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancelation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
6. Other Important Information
Third Party Sites
Visiting Our Services from Outside the United States
7. Contact Us